Internal Medicine Jobs in Kentucky
Monday · June 25, 2018
1 Job in The Bluegrass State
Photo: Traditional white-fenced Kentucky horse farm.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Time dedicated to utilization review and management.
- Help MMD with physician meetings, training, and education of PCPs and administrative and support staff.
- Education / Specialized Knowledge.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manage for results.
- Participate in team meetings and lead focused clinical discussions in market huddles, team meetings, and Humana JOC meetings.
- Valid and current license in the state of the region.
- The Associate Medical Director for Transitional Care will spend at least half of their time devoted to leading the transitional care team in the activities described above.
- Safely minimized hospital and SNF length of stays.
- The Associate Medical Director for Transitional Care is a local market medical leadership position reporting directly to the Market Medical Director and focused on leading the market's care for its members as they transition through environments of care outside of our centers.
- As leader of a transitional care team, this physician will need to effectively lead and manage the daily activities of the team members.
- At least three (3) years' experience in clinical internal medicine, hospital medicine, and/or geriatric medicine is strongly preferred.
- Specialty care that falls within the physician's area of specialty.
- Decreasing 7, 30, and 90 day hospital and SNF readmission rates.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to build relationships with external organizations, and interest in information technology applications in medical settings.
- The transitional care team may include physicians, nurse practitioners, case managers, and administrative support staff.
- Excellent medical skills.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
- This position may also have additional duties in the market, depending upon their areas of expertise and the needs of the market.
- At least three (3) years of post-residency experience.
- Develop internal training materials and SOPs focused on the clinical development of the ChenMed/JenCare team.
- This talented physician will lead the transitional care team, a cohesive group of health care professionals dedicated to keeping our patients connected to their primary care physicians during episodes of acute hospitalization, post-acute care, and also during periods of increased need at home.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our primary care physicians, their center based care teams, and other staff.
- Participation in Targeted Coverage Time- which is time providing care for patients whose primary care physician is on paid time off or otherwise unavailable.
- An MBA, MPH or other related advanced business/healthcare degree or documented training (e.
- Conflict management and resolution skills, and ideally, experience of population risk management or complex chronic disease care management.
- Previous experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Prefer prior experience in quality improvement and or medical/healthcare leadership activities.
- At least three (3) years of experience in management preferred.
- Market sick days/1000 will meet local market goals.
- This physician will need to possess strong clinical skills in the management of seniors with complex medical needs throughout all environments of care.
- Serving as the hospitalist or skilled nursing facility physician for some of our patients (providing direct care in those facilities),.
- The exact division of time dedicated to different duties will depend on market needs and will be determined by the Market Medical Director.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Louisville, KY.
- Deliver introductory training for all new practitioners.
- Acpe programs) preferred.
- Key daily activities for team members include continuous communication with primary care physicians and inpatient providers, participation in the market's case conferences, review of inpatient cases via inpatient courtesy visits and remote EMR review, care coordination, risk assessments, home health care monitoring and review, complex community case management, and home visits for high risk and homebound patients.
- Coaching physicians and other clinicians in support of the overall quality and performance in the market.
- Fluent in English.
- Serving as the primary care physician for a partial panel of our patients.
This perm job opening was posted
4 days ago